Sunday 21 March 2021

21st March 2021

There has been a fantastic movement of Whooper Swans through northern England over the last couple of days. Most of it has been to the west of us but I went out yesterday morning hoping to join in and fortunately had a cracking flock of 52 birds over Morton.

The wild calls of Whoopers are definitely one of my favourite sounds of nature. I think this is the largest skein I have seen in the parish.

Further signs of spring as well with two singing Chiffchaffs in Ainderby and another by Morton bridge.

It’s always nice too to photograph your first butterfly of the year…

Little else of note although singing Corn Bunting numbers are slowly rising…

And this dead tree held a nice little colony of Tree Sparrows...




I’ll finish with the least convincing camouflage of the day…


No comments:

Post a Comment